Sunday, May 25, 2008

Upcoming Members' Show of Steamboat Springs Art Council

"Morning Dew"

I am pleased to share that one pastel and one oil have been accepted into the Steamboat Springs Arts Council's member show which opens on June 6th.

One of them is a pastel called "Morning Dew" which I created last winter while in Spain.  It was based on a photo that Murray took one morning when we were saying at La Serrania in Mallorca. Of course what fascinated me the most was the dew on this flower.  I have occasionally been asked what kind of flower it is.. and I don't know.  This painting was also accepted in last fall's Colorado Pastel Society Show in Aspen.  It is 17" by 12".

The second painting accepted was done in Genesis Heat Set Oil and I call "Canyon Rose."  It is based on a picture that Murray took of a rose at Havasupai Canyon at the Lodge we stayed at in Havasupai Village last November.  It is 30" by 30" on a gallery wrapped canvas.  What fascinated me was how the yellow shadows in the rose took on the lush rust color of the canyon.

"Canyon Rose"

No comments: