Monday, December 3, 2007

Recent paintings

Yesterday we went snowshoeing on a trail across the street from our home in Steamboat Springs. The fresh snow, referred to here as powder, decorated the trees creating a winter wonderland. Six weeks ago, when we had the a similar snow, I painted a view of the trees from my studio window. It is now in a Holiday exhibit at the Mountain Leisure Gallery in Yampa, Colorado. I call it First Snow – 2007! It is a soft pastel, 12” by 16”.

On Saturday I finished an oil painting that I had been working on for several weeks. It was inspired by a picture taken by Murray at the Steamboat Botanic Garden. I am fascinated by the amazing uniqueness of each rose and strive to find the rhythmic pattern of the petals! This piece is 30” by 30” on 1 ½” wrapped canvas. To see more of my art work and to contact me if you are interested in buying any of my work please visit www.joannetuckerart.com!


No comments: